Industry / Client
- Professional Tax Services Firm
Tax Technical Quality Review
ICGTAX is seeking interested and available tax professionals to respond to a Gig service request.
An existing client is a professional tax services firm that is looking for a Senior Income Tax Professional to perform a quality review of a detailed memorandum prepared to support a formal tax opinion to be provided to that firm’s client, a finance sector provider of financial facilities to business borrowers. The subject matter of the memorandum is the Australian income tax consequences of a commercial financial facility to be offered by the financier to its business customers.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for a comprehensive review of the detailed income tax memorandum, the key legal document and relevant contextual materials.
The Accredited Professional is required to provide review notes together with reasons, including any supporting authorities, and any suggested changes to be made to the memorandum.
The Accredited Professional should have:
- 15 or more years experience in Australian income tax law and practice, with a top tier accounting or law firm tax practice or at the Bar.
- Expert knowledge of the Australian income tax legislation generally and, in particular, Parts 1-3, 2-1, 2-5, 3-1, Subdivisions 230-A and 230-B of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cth).
- Sound familiarity with the finance sector and financial arrangements generally.
- Appropriate research ability and strong statutory and case law interpretation skills.
- Strong time management as required to meet the timing requirements of the engagement.
- Excellent communications skills – particularly the ability to communicate technical information.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrable continued professional development.
Registration as a Tax Agent is not required as the professional tax services firm is so registered and is the provider of a tax service to its client.
Logistics, Process and Rate
- Start Date: The engagement is to commence by 26 March 2020
- Duration: The engagement is to be completed within 10 business days after commencement.
- Location: may be performed remotely, subject to the candidate having internet access and appropriate devices.
- Rate: The fixed fee for this work is $5,000 (excl GST) and has been set on the basis of an hourly rate of $324.
- Closes: 23/03/2020 at 10am AEDT
To express your interest and confirm your availability, complete the form at: http://ICGTAXGlobal.com/applynow.
You are welcome to share this information with other suitable candidates.